UIT Udaipur rolls out plans for 2012-2013
With over 91 per cent of budget been planned to be spent on development, UIT Udaipur (Urban Improvement Trust of Udaipur) has rolled out its annual budget for the financial year2012-13. The emphasis has been clearly on developmental tasks as 21705.27 lakhs of rupees out of 23819.68 have been marked to be utilized in various development tasks in Udaipur this year.
Income that the UIT Udaipur is hoping from mainly land, plots, and residential properties. Another major source of income would be the aid from central and state government and National Lake Conservation project and Rajiv Awaas Project.
While the expenses the trust has on hand approximately and roughly equal to the income it is hoping. Besides the developmental tasks, there are responsibilities like machinery tools, payment against land acquisition for major projects, 15 percent share to municipal council of Udaipur, and 10 per cent share of government land. With these, the trust will also have to return the deposit amount in various schemes and also has to shell out money to pay the city fee.
UIT Udaipur plans at a glance
• Road construction, link roads
• Park ad garden development and plantation
• Circle development
• Grounding electric lines
• Drinking water
• Flyovers and bridges
• Convention centres
• Residential construction including IHSDP and Gharaunda project
• Development and beautification of Ahar River
• Renovation of Lake Fateh Sagar and Lake Pichhola
• Maharana Pratap Khel Gaon
• City beautification and environmental correction related tasks
• Parking and footpath
• Traffic and facilities improvement
• Survey, demarcation, and consultancy
• Snorkel ladder
• Internal and external ring roads
• Flyover at Pratap Nagar square
• Completion of Vibhooti park and installation of Rajiv Art Gallery in Rajiv Gandhi Park
• Aquarium or Gallery at the Fateh Sagar Paal
• Sewerage treatment plan in Manwa Kheda in association with Hindustan Zinc Limited
• Beautification of Goverdhan Sagar and Udai Sagar
• Over 1000 plots will be allotted
• Development of driving track for transportation department
• Web transformation of information and facilities available at UIT
• Drive to make city encroachment free
UIT Udaipur Chairman is hopeful
UIT Udaipur‘s present Chairman Roop Kumar Khurana has expressed hope that most of the tasks will be completed in time. He blames the absence of a chairman in past years the main reason why the trust has been sluggish. He informed that the detailed project report for many projects is underway and soon the tenders will be invited.
It may be recalled the the UIT Udaipur was being governed as an additional charge to city collector until recently.